March .NET User Group Meeting
Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:45 PM – 8:00 PM
Louisiana Technology Park Room 301, 7117 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70806 (map)
||Ameritas‘ mission is to deliver high performance outsourcing services for mission-critical IT projects that:
- Dramatically improve quality, productivity, and the customer experience of our clients
- Provide our employees with viable career paths and ongoing training in attractive and affordable locales
- Create jobs and economic opportunities that strengthen the community and enhance US IT capabilities
Introduction to Rx (Reactive Extensions)
– Michael Melancon (Ultix Technologies)
Reactive Extensions is a library to compose asynchronous and event-based programs using observable collections and LINQ-style query operators. Using Rx, you can represent multiple asynchronous data streams (that come from diverse sources, e.g., stock quote, tweets, computer events, web service requests, etc., and subscribe to the event stream using the IObserver<T> interface.
Michael Melancon is the Chief Architect for Ultix Technologies. Mike has been involved with creating several application development platforms as well as providing consulting services and custom software development. Michael started in Java but moved to C# when .NET 1.0 was released.
Introduction to TypeScript
– Jeremy Rabalais (Ultix Technologies)
Jeremy Rabalais holds a computer science degree from LSU. Jeremy has been developing enterprise software for over 12 years and has been worked with .NET since beta 1 of the 1.0 release. Jeremy has been a consultant and lead developer at Ultix Technologies for 8 years.
5:45 pm – 6:15 pm: General Introduction/Food and Drinks
6:15 pm – 7:30 pm: Presentations
7:30 pm – until: Open forum for questions
Louisiana Technology Park (map)
7117 Florida Boulevard
Baton Rouge, LA 70806